Your local Parish Council is in the process of creating our own Village Development Code (previously named the Village Design Statement) which will describe the distinctive character of our villages, including the architectural styles, landscape, and any special features. This will become an advisory document for residents, local planners, designers, and developers when considering changes to our local environment.
Please see this page for more information and continued updates about our progress.
4 November 2023
For anyone wishing to see the information that was on show during the two Local Development Code meetings this Autumn, please scroll through the images below. If you would like copies of any of the documents, then please contact the Clerk.
During the exhibitions, we asked for your opinion regarding which planning policies we should focus on for the final Village Development Code document. There was a selection of 10 policies available to choose from and each person was given 5 tokens to vote for the 5 policies that were the most important to them and their life within the village.
The top 5 policies voted for during each exhibition, in order of the most votes, were as follows:
Belchamp St Paul
1. Retain and Improve Public Footpaths and Bridleways / Protect Village Greens and Open Spaces
3. Safeguard Community Facilities
4. Protect Village Centres and Hamlets from Merging
5. Maintain the Open Natural Character of the Villages / New Dwellings Must be Sympathetic
1. Retain and Improve Public Footpaths and Bridleways
2. Maintain the Open Natural Character of the Villages
3. New Dwellings Must be Sympathetic
4. Safeguard Community Facilities / Protect Village Greens and Open Spaces / Adequate Private Parking Must Be Provided
Belchamp St Paul Exhibition
Village Design Code Working Group
4 June 2023
The PC are producing a Village Design Code and have set up a Working Group to take the project forward. Help is required to cover many aspects of the project, from becoming a member of the Working Group, to taking photos of village views and features, to drafting a Questionnaire, to delivering leaflets, the options are endless. If you are interested in getting involved with the project, in whatever capacity, please get in touch with the Clerk.